Inappropriate sharing, incomprehensible ramblings, uncalled-for hostility: yup, it's a blog.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I, Sextius

Reagan pulls the mighty sword from the wooden block and is declared king (1980)
Perhaps it's time to admit that Anthony Weiner enjoys sexting the way some politicians enjoy golfing or fishing or clearing brush. Certainly he has no real talent for sexting--his form is ham-fisted to say the least--but he's quite an avid sexter nontheless, and it helps him relax. I mean, I don't know of many golfing politicians who are good enough at their hobby to turn pro; and to Weiner's credit, he hasn't turned pro either.

Obama is not likely to play the Masters anytime soon. Weiner is not likely to enter the US National Texting Competition.

Weiner sexts. It's what he does in his spare time. It keeps his hands busy, his wits sharp, and his staff employed. It's like Rosey Grier needle-pointing. (Rosey Grier was a football player for the NFL. He did needlepoint to keep his dexterity up. That is all I know about Rosey Grier. Here's a picture.)


Seriously. I have no idea what team he was on. But he's kind of awesome.
Two years ago, I wrote a non-defense non-blog post about anything other than Anthony Weiner.

It was a different time. Weiner was one of the few liberals in Congress showing any staying power. He was being slapped around by a pun-hungry media. He was one of the few Democrats standing up to the opposition. In fact, the excitement over Weiner led to the inevitable leakage of... wait. I'm doing it wrong. This time, rather than not speak about Weiner, I'm trying to address this issue with a clear head.

Look. It's not 1960s America.  Rather than adapt a wide stance or be babied, Weiner has reiterated his need to sext. Having sext'd myself, I cannot fault him. His wife, Huma Abedin, issued a statement that must've been hard for her--but she issued that statement of her own free will, and since her husband was not diapered and wide-standing the stage, I'm inclined to believe Abedin's take on the whole affair--which is that it is a non-affair.

Not a pipe. Not a peep. The only thing Anthony Weiner has done is to get bored and go online, chat up a few women, and.. (oh christ) use the pseudonym 'Carlos Danger'.

In the 1960s, no one cared what the wife really thought. In 2013, we care what the wife thinks. And the wife, Huma Abedin, is standing by her husband. Again. For the second time, she's stating to the world (or at least the media, which is now technically the world) that she doesn't care if her husband gets bored while she's off doing State things.

Here's a secret: G and I sext people.

Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

When I was discussing this very thing with straight couples earlier, I was informed that straight couples consider it a cheating offense if a spouse sexts with another person. Fair enough. Straights consider a spouse sex-talking with someone else 'cheating'. Gays consider it 'oh god, I can get some sleep.'

Politicians, apparently, consider it 'At least I'm not Vitter.'

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States

Search Blogness